Monday, December 8, 2008

These are the moments...

Pyrate asked me to sit with her while she took a bath last night instead of sitting on the warm couch and reading a book. I dutifully took my book with me and went to sit with her. On the way, my husband looked at me and said, "Sometimes she asks me to do something with her and I really don't feel like it. Then I realize, these are the moments when I'll look back and say that I spent quality time with my kids."

In the movie, I would have hugged him, kissed him passionately and said, "We're so lucky!"

What I said: "Are you kidding? I'm with them all day, of course I spend quality time with my kids. If you want to look back on moments, that's what Disneyland is for!"

In the end, I barely saved my library book from a fire hose stream of water issued from an impossibly small rubber duck.

In the spirit of full disclosure, the reason Pyrate needed a bath was that when she laid down for a nap, I decided it would be adorable for her baby sister to give her a kiss. Yes, you guessed it, as Pyrate sat sweetly in her bed, waiting for a small wet baby kiss, Pepper spat up in her hair.

These ARE the moments!

No comments: