Wednesday, December 9, 2009

2009 Cliff Notes

Yeah, I sort of missed a year of blogging. Let me see if I can catch myself up...

Febraury - Pepper started sitting. Both girls were pretty good for our Super Bowl Party with Mindy and Jason, Michelle and "Other Martin." (Pyrate's words)

March - Pepper starts crawling and getting teeth...this is going fast. Edit Mom is working now. You know, editing. It's a documentary called Voices of a Never Ending Dawn. At the preschool Spring Class Party all the children are asked "Who's your favorite teacher?" All the kids yell, "Miss S." Because that's their teacher. Pyrate then says, "Well, actually it's Miss N." And it is. Those two love each other something fierce. Pyrate said she wished Miss N was her mom. I told her she couldn't say that and she said, "Well, maybe I could have two moms. That way there would be someone to take care of each of us." It's only fair. I brought home another baby. Why can't she bring home another mom? And I don't blame her. Miss N is way more nurturing and patient than me. Sometimes I want Miss N to be my mom tutor.

April - Mommy is working and the kids are watching TV. Good enough for now.

May - Pepper starts sleeping on her side. Why is that so adorable? We go to Mo-Town for a charity thing and I swear Pepper calls me Mama in the middle of the night. Pyrate crafts an argument to get me to let her watch a DVD. "It says on DVD, by royal command, that you are not allowed to talk to me like trouble!" I let her watch the DVD but bedtime that night was decreed by royal command also, so she knew she didn't have a leg to stand on when she wanted to stay up late. Mindy and I survive a day at the hair salon with two kids but I fear my brand new portable DVD player didn't survive being left in the trunk in 120 degree weather...
Also, Michelle accompanied us to Disneyland for my free birthday admission. She held Pepper while she slept on Haunted Mansion. Had the best bread pudding ever for my birthday, too. It kind of doesn't get better.

June - We discover that Pepper will pretty much eat anything. She stands, she waves. Pyrate's preschool lets out...two kids all day!

July - We discover the air conditioned California Science Center, where Pyrate likes to play Tinker Toys. Pyrate goes to Pirate week at summer preschool and then we have her birthday party - a duck theme. Bubbles, a homemade bean bag toss, a new sand box and too much pizza. Loved my beautiful blue duck pond cake and the last minute individual duck cakes! Pyrate sees her first movie in a theatre - Space Chimps. Not exactly earth shattering, but it was free.

August - We vacate so Dad can re-do the floors. A week with grandparents and then a week in Tahoe! My grama has a blast with Pepper in Tahoe. Pyrate gets the honor of jumping down the stairs at the cabin. Mindy and Jason join us for beach day and some gambling. And Pepper takes a step!

September - Pepper crawls to me in the kitchen, reaches up and says, "Ug Non." Which clearly is Hug mom. I pick her up and get a huge hug. Nobody else would believe it but I was there and it's in my heart now, so there! Also, I tell Pepper that our cat is on the slide and she motors to the door to see him. She is understanding more than I realize! Pyrate goes to her first football game with her dad - UCLA vs. Kansas. When asked if she liked it, she says, "Not so much." Also, Pyrate asks me for more treats and when I start to explain why she can't have more, she puts her fingers up to my lips and whispers, "No words..." Preschool is back. Along with Dramagination and dance classes.

October - Both girls have their first dentist visit. Pyrate is Dorothy Gail for Halloween and Pepper is a not-so-cowardly Lion.

November - Martin and I cooked our first Thanksgiving dinner in Mo-Town and both kids ate it! A miracle for everyone but the Turkey...

No comments: