Survived the last day of preschool. I was borderline weepy but I think I did okay. I never imagined I would feel such trepidation about Kindergarten. It suddenly seems like a such a long time for her to be gone; from 7:30 to 3ish every day. And that's it. That will be her schedule until she moves away to college. Over-dramatic? Yeah, but still true.
So, we planned a mommy-daughter day to celebrate. Pyrate and I left Pepper with dad for once and took off to Disneyland. It was hot and crowded and I worried that we wouldn't accomplish much. But we rode the Carousel, had hot dogs in Toon Town and then hit Roger Rabbit, Star Tours, Big Thunder Mountain, Tarzan's Tree House and Haunted Mansion before settling in for Fantasmic. Pyrate ate it up, it was a really good time. Afterward, I asked her if she was ready to head home. She'd had a long day and was practically swaying on her feet but said, "I think I need one more ride, mom, 'cuz I got some screaming left in me!" Had I ever felt so proud? That's mama's girl, stay up late and eek all the fun you can out of the day!
We hit Big Thunder Mountain Railroad one more time. And screamed our heads off.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment