Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer Vacation 2011: Day 1

I woke up this morning feeling energetic and optimistic about Summer Vacation with my two girls. So much to do and so few obligations! They played without TV in the morning and I printed out worksheets to keep them busy when they got squirrelly.

Swim lessons began today and thankfully no tears, no refusals, they both just got in the pool and took it very seriously (while having fun.) I think Pyrate will be swimming by the end of the two weeks and Pepper, as usual, is showing no fear or discomfort with the process so she will come as far as she can for a two year old.

After finding Jojo at TJ's we headed home for a front lawn picnic, which the kids enjoyed because I never let them linger on the front lawn. It's actually pretty awesome under the elm tree. Since Pyrate just completed Kindergarten, I took her to the Library to get her own library card. I just hadn't bothered to do it yet so it was sort of arbitrary but it felt like a nice milestone she had earned.

I didn't poop out until 7pm, which is pretty darn good, if you ask me. I finally couldn't take Pyrate quoting the genie from Aladdin, "Senior Psychopath" and then laughing maniacally and hurting her sister. She's on notice: that movie is dead to her if I hear the phrase again.

Feeling tired tonight, but hopeful we can keep up the fun for 64 more days...

No comments: